Merrie Destefano: Interview

This week, my friend and critique partner Merrie Destefano‘s debut novel,ย Afterlife: The Resurrection Chronicles hits stores. Merrie is a terrific writer and a wonderful person. And her book’s getting some great reviews. I recently had a chance, rather impromptu, to sit down with Merrie and ask her a few questions. Here’s some snippets from that interview.

S.C. Wade September 27, 2010 at 5:34 AM

Good interviews, Mike! Her book really sounds interesting; I think I’ll pick it up. The writing group you’re both a part of sounds like it’s really supportive and is a good staple. That’s important in a writer’s life. Although I don’t have a book about to come out, I can see the benefits of a writing group just in general.

Completely off topic, but has anyone ever told you that you look like the actor Bruce McGill?

Mike Duran September 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Never. I am most often compared to this actor.

Merrie Destefano September 27, 2010 at 6:01 PM

S.C.,
Thanks so much for stopping by. Writing groups are really important, to me anyway. I know each writer has to make that decision for themselves.

And I’m glad that my book sounds appealing! (Yay!)

Merrie Destefano September 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Mike,
Thank you SO much for taking the time to create and post these video interviews. You’re the best! I’m really glad we’re in a writer’s group together and I’m thrilled about YOUR book, THE RESURECTION, which comes on in February, 2011. I can’t wait to read it!

sally apokedak September 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM

I really enjoyed theses clips.

I went over to Amazon and ordered your book for my Kindle but it says it won’t be delivered until tomorrow. I thought I could have it right now. ๐Ÿ™ Oh, well, I’ll get to read it tomorrow night.

Your writers group sounds great!

Merrie Destefano September 27, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Sally,
Thanks so much for checking out the videos! And how exciting that you are going to get Afterlife on your Kindle. I hope you enjoy it. =) Thanks so much for all of your support!!

Katie Dalton September 27, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Great videos! You’re super cute Merrie, and Mike’s not bad either. ๐Ÿ˜›
Tomorrow…..tick tock I cant wait for your book. ๐Ÿ™‚
Much love

Merrie Destefano September 27, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Katie,
Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by. And yes, I know. RELEASE DAY TOMORROW. (I’m a little bit nutty today!)
=)

Katie Dalton September 27, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Merrie, we should pick a time to simultaneously jump up and down like little girls! LOL I am SO down. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Merrie Destefano September 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Katie,
LOL. You are so adorable! We SHOULD both jump up and down at the same time! And make someone bring us ice cream. *grin* And noise makers and fireworks.

10 AM tomorrow morning, Pacific Time.

Jumping and down ceremony.

Katie Dalton September 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM

That works perfect for me too PST baby! And I will be walking out of Borders with my book! People of Sunnyvale Borders be warned jump fest 3000 is going down! lol

Jay September 27, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Playing now! I like it when authors interview each other.

Also, Mike, do you work out? I ask this in the most heterosexual way possible.

Mike Duran September 27, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Yes. And I say that in the most heterosexual way possible.

Merrie Destefano September 27, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Jay and Mike,
LOL. In the most heterosexual way, of course.

๐Ÿ˜‰

Comments on this entry are closed.